Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cooper's First Baseball game

We had a very busy weekend. Cooper went to his Uncle Reid's baseball game on Saturday, visited family, had his first ride in cart at the grocery, and tried carrots. I tell you what, if that isn't busy, I don't know what is! :-)

So you know with all this activity we have some stories. Just to warn you this may be long.

We had to wake Cooper up early on Saturday morning. We made our way down the road to Ware Shoals. We have been very lucky traveling with Cooper so far. He normally sleeps the whole time. With him getting bigger we were wondering how it would go. He was great. He woke up for about the last 45 minutes, but really was good. Once we got to Ware Shoals we were off to Cooper's first baseball game. Reid gave him the ball to prove it! Cooper loved looking at all the people. (All the attention from all the people saying how cute he was, wasn't hurting his feelings either!) We didn't see the greatest coaching (just kidding Poppa Bruce!). Reid's team lost, but they all looked like they were having a blast. All the men were commenting on their skill and all I could see was little 8 year old boys running around having so much fun. Cooper - hope you grow up to be tough, cause your mom is probably going to be a big wimp when it comes to that kind of thing. After the game we went and played and had lunch.
Cooper then visited two of his great grandmothers. The whole day Cooper was a little angel. I am always so worried that he will have a little melt down while we are out and about. I know no one would care, it would totally just be me. But he was great and we were very proud. We headed back to Charlotte and he slept until the last hour. Then the melt down happened. I mean all out screaming on and off for that last hour. Hey I feel like doing that too when I am stuck in the car! Here are a few pictures of our big day out. I realized that I forgot to take one of Cooper at the game with his adorable little hat on. I can blame that on Eddie right...he had the camera.




So the last few "new" things he tried this weekend might not be too exciting to you but to Cooper oh my! Cooper can finally control himself enough to be able to sit in the little seat in the cart at the grocery store. Someone gave me one of those seat covers that has little toys on it for him to play in as we stroll around the store. He LOVED it. I mean you would think it was a whole new world to him. And really it was! He just stared at everything and everyone. It was one of those moments that I just looked at him and was just amazed at him. Again, didn't have the camera with me, but I will never forget seeing the little man sitting up so proud in that cart.

So the last new adventure was trying carrots. Now if you read my earlier post about sweet potatoes, they weren't his favorite. We tried squash and he really liked that. So I thought carrots would be another favorite...I mean they are Eddie's favorite so I just thought....boy was I wrong. Take a look.
This is before....


This is after....

I mean seriously how pitiful....



Well, don't say I didn't warn you. It was a long post, but now you know the play by play of our weekend. Hope you all had a great one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment