Friday, January 1, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Wow - the last time I posted was Dec. 4th. Pretty sad really. I set this blog up so that I could track what Cooper was up to and to keep family and friends updated. December had so much going on that I could have probably had two posts a day to keep up with everything. Unfortunately those posts never happened. So here I go trying to play catch up. To make myself feel better I am going to do multiple smaller posts to keep the timeline right. Here it goes.
Let's go back to the week of December 6th. This was the week Eddie and I were due to go to Orlando for a work training week. The little man was going to stay with MomMom, PopPop, and Meems while we were there. In addition, this was Cooper's FIRST ever flight. To add even a little more flavor to the story, it was going to be a flight with just me! Talk about scary. I had nightmares about this. I didn't sleep at all the night before our early morning flight. Luckily we got bumped up to first class. (seriously just picture me with a carryon, Cooper, stroller, and another bag with treats and toys for Coop - you would be scared too) Eddie took us into the the airport and we said our goodbyes at the gate. He would be down a few days later after he took care of some meetings for work. Cooper was being very cooperative - even during the security line ordeal whereby I am having to take off my shoes, sweater, get my laptop out and take off Coop's sweater, shoes, etc. - you get the picture. Can I please tell you the security people are not helpful. I was obviously struggling and there were not that many people in line (it was like 630am) and they did nothing to help. Anyways, moving on, Cooper and I get on the plane and he was being a little angel. All the people in first class gave me a look like "oh great a baby". I just looked at the guy next to me and said - look I am really sorry, I think he will be good, but who knows. And good he was. He fell asleep right after we took off and woke up after we landed. What a good baby. He knew I was nervous and was on his best behavior. I know you are probably laughing at that comment, but it made me feel good! Here is a picture of Cooper and I after we met up with MomMom and PopPop at the airport. Such a good boy.


Once we got to Vero, I was there for one night with him and then I headed over to Orlando for training. I left after he woke up on Monday morning and wasn't set to see him again until Wednesday night. Doesn't sound like long, but this would be the first time I had ever been away from him longer than maybe 12 hours. I was sad. I knew he would have so much fun and he would be fine, it was me that I was worried about. Eddie flew in to Orlando Monday night and I went and picked him up. It was weird to just be the two of us driving. Cooper is always with us. We both kept saying how strange it was to look in the backseat and him not be there. As sad as it was, I got some good sleep! We headed back to Vero on Wednesday night. The look on Cooper's face when he saw us for the first time - oh I wish I had a camera at that very moment to capture it. Pure excitement on both our parts. Words can't describe the facial expression. What on earth did I do without him?


We stayed in Vero for the rest of the week to attend my Dad's side of the family Christmas party. We also finally took our picture for our Christmas card. Take a look - it's real cute.




So we flew back to Charlotte, all three of us, on Sunday morning fairly early. I was feeling pretty confident about taking Cooper on the plane. He did so awesome on the flight down.....I should have known. We all were bumped up to first class again, however, Cooper and "angel" did not go together this day. He wanted to run around on the plane. Again please envision people in first class giving me the look. (you know the one) When we finally had to make him sit in our laps he was not happy. Honestly, his little breakdown was probably 5-10 minutes, but it felt like hours. You never want to be that person with a crying baby on a plane, but we were. Finally we got him calmed down and he fell asleep until after we landed.
It was a long week filled with firsts for us, but it was a great visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment