Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Updates

Well, it certainly has been an interesting weekend. On Friday night we went out to dinner. We were all exhausted from the week and Eddie nor I felt like cooking, so out we went to Red Robin. It's a hamburger place that is VERY kid friendly. Funny thing is it has a full bar - must be for all the parents that need a drink to be able to handle the noise. This was Cooper's first time ordering off the kids menu! Chicken fingers and mandarin oranges to be exact. He did great and LOVED it. I was so proud. Only thing he wasn't very good at was eating off of a plate. He just wanted to play with it. Note to self - get a place mat that we can take to restaurants - do they even make those? Guess I am going to have to go to Babies R Us to find out-yuk! He really was a great baby the whole time and ate his dinner like a big boy.

On Saturday we were invited to go to a friends lake house to enjoy the day on the water. He was great all day. Well except for one little thing - the complete break down on the boat. I am not kidding. I have never seen Cooper like this. Non stop screaming, crying, screaming, crying. Here's the worst part. I forgot his paci. I even said it as we were walking down to the boat. I said oh wait I don't have his paci, think he will be ok. Eddie replies - I am sure he will be fine - let's play Russian roulette. We played and we lost big time. I felt terrible. I mean screaming baby not quite the background you want relaxing on the water. It's one of those mommy moments where you just want to crawl under a rock and post a sign that says, Yes I am not the best mommy in the world. And there was no consoling him. I tried rocking, singing, letting him stand up, showing him the other boats go by, nothing worked. What did work was getting off the boat and giving him his paci. To which about 5 minutes or so later a sleeping baby - ahhhh silence. After we ruined everyone Else's afternoon on the water, we let Cooper finish his little cat nap and then decided to leave the nice people to enjoy the rest of the day without a screaming baby. How do you apologize for something like that? I still am not quite sure. Oh Cooper...
Here's a few pics from the day...
Here's a happy baby before the boat incident.
Look - he looks a little nervous - but still ok...
Starting to get unsure of what is going on and starting to get sleepy...."Mommy, where's my paci?"


And that's where the pictures end of the boat ride....

Now on to Sunday - after the melt down yesterday I was exhausted. So we laid low today. We did however take a trip to Kohl's to see if there was anything cute for Cooper. We also headed over to Party City to start to get some ideas for Cooper's 1st birthday party. Kohl's - Not too much to report except that I really liked looking in the kid's section. Very cute. Party City - We found NOTHING! I mean it is his 1st birthday ever! And it will be his only 1st birthday. It has to be perfect. Dora the explorer - no thanks. Elmo? Thomas the tank engine - no thanks. The decorations for the "1st birthday boy" were a disappointment. For the girls it was perfectly cute. For the boys they had crowns? Seriously? A crown? The little t-shirt for boys had glitter on it. Glitter for a 1 year old BOY? Needless to say Eddie and I both looked at each other at that point and said definitely not. I did find some cute 1st birthday stuff with little dinos on it while searching online. I guess I will have to order online. Tell me what you think...


You know today Cooper is 9 months old! We will take some pictures of him once he wakes up from his nap. I will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment