Monday, August 10, 2009

Cooper's Weekend

Like the title? I figured really everyone just wants to know about his weekend, so thought I would just kick us off that way. Cooper had a great weekend. He is getting much better at eating dinner that is not baby food. Why on earth did I rush this table food thing? Do you know how long it took me to get his dinner ready when it was cereal and baby food vegetable? A whopping 3 minutes. Now I actually have to make him something. No one warned me! Let's see - here are a few things he has tried:
Chicken, Chicken Nuggets, Mac n Cheese, Broccoli, Carrots, Peas, Pears, Peaches and of course Graham Crackers (his FAVORITE!). He now knows if he whines enough I will give him a graham cracker and be done with it. I know I am giving in to easily - but he won't open his mouth for anything else. The boy is stubborn!
On Friday night we just hung out at home. I had to go to Target after he went to sleep to pick up some things for Cooper mainly a new diaper genie. Funny story here - so this is my 3rd one. Yes, you read that right. THIRD diaper pail. Eddie is frustrated with me that I keep breaking them. I always break them in the early morning when I am changing his diaper and want him to go back to sleep so all the lights are off. I try to hurry and stuff the diaper in and always end up breaking it. I don't know how I do it, so don't ask. Quick solution for Eddie - Always change his diaper then I can't break anymore of them. Let's see if he actually reads the blog...a true test. Hahaha!
On Saturday we took Cooper out for a walk and that is when he had his first taste of Chick-Fil-A. (It really looks like I am terrible parent so far doesn't it.) Chicken nugget and a french fry - only 1 nugget and 1 french fry. He LOVED them both. We could be in for some trouble here. Then Saturday night his school had parent's night out. So Eddie and I dropped Cooper off at his school while we went to the movies. Now - the plan was for us to drop him off around 630pm and he would eat his dinner/bottle and go to sleep and pick him up at 10pm. Cooper had other plans. When we picked him up at 945pm the boy was still awake and quote - "No, not really, no he hasn't slept at all." GREAT! Why does he hate to sleep at school?
Sunday we went to church and the nursery was very excited to see Cooper again - "Oh its our dancing baby." He loves to jump and dance now. Too cute! Then Eddie installed Cooper's new car seat in his car. That's right, the infant carrier is now too small. I started to get emotinal when he brought it in to put it in the attic. I mean he's not a little baby anymore. Sad day for me. Well, that was our weekend in a nutshell. Hope you all had a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment