Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yummy!

Cooper is doing great with eating more and more solid foods. This in turn means he is not as excited about the bottle as he used to be. The pediatrician says this is totally normal. We also asked him if we were feeding him too much. And he asked what we were feeding him, so I thought I would share:

Morning Bottle
Breakfast - Oatmeal Cereal mixed with Applesauce and Prunes (yummy sounding right?)
Lunch Bottle
Lunch (with his friends at school) - Vegetable (either squash, peas, green beans - those are his faves)
Afternoon Bottle
Dinner - Oatmeal Cereal mixed with Applesauce and Prunes and a Vegetable (again either squash, peas, green beans)
Bottle before bed

He said that was a great feeding schedule. Maybe I am posting in defense, I am not sure. Let me explain...

So I took Cooper to Target with me on Saturday. He loves to sit in the cart and stare at all the people. I just had to pick up a few things including some baby food. Who knew it would be so much cheaper there than a grocery store?!?! Back to my story. So we go to check out. And you all have seen pictures of our little man - he is a big boy. A cute, adorable big boy. The cheeks give him away don't you think? Well the lady behind the counter said in a very negative tone - wow you really are starving him aren't you. (imagine a little snicker from her at the end of that statement) I don't know if I just went in the defensive mode or what but I looked her straight in the eye and said yes we do on a daily basis. I mean seriously! I tell Eddie and he just laughed it off. I think our little man is perfect so take that Target lady!

Anyways....if you are curious about what vegetables and fruits we have tried here's a list -
Green beans - loves them
Peas - LOVES them
Squash
Sweet potatoes
Carrots
Applesauce
Prunes
Pears
Peaches

Last night I gave him some watermelon in one of those mesh feeders that Aunt MS gave us. He LOVED it. He is really funny about eating fruit. He's ok if it is mixed in his cereal. He is also ok if he is eating it before he eats the vegetables. However, if you try and give him plain fruit after vegetables he makes this face (picture closed eyes, puckered lips - almost like he is eating a sour patch kid or something). It is too cute, but nonetheless he apparently needs to eat the fruit first, then go to the veggies. Hey at least he will eat veggies.

Well, this post was not intended to be this long, but hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment