Monday, June 8, 2009

Wow, what a weekend!

It has been awhile since I posted so of course I have lots to share. Once I tell you about our weekend you will understand why I have not posted. It's called exhaustion. I thought I knew what tired meant before, now I know it is just a permanent state that I have learned to accept and live through. Needless to say Cooper did not sleep this weekend. It started Friday night. He could not get to sleep. Then once he did, he couldn't stay asleep for more than 1 -2 hours. Finally, around 2am (I think, who actually knows) Eddie's solution was to bring him in to sleep with us. (I should probably tell you that this is always Eddie's solution if it is his turn to get up and Cooper is restless. I think it is because Cooper somehow miraculously always ends up on my side. Convenient? I don't think so. It is sweet of him though, don't you think?) He brings him in and the boy is just not sleeping. He is whiny, wiggly, wormy. At 5am he starts crying and won't stop. Only thing I could think of was to feed him. He ate and then played for a little while and then decided he was finally tired at 7am. He went to sleep til 9am. I think he must have looked and Eddie and I and said, "Look at those poor souls, they look terrible. I guess I could take a little nap." Here

is a picture where Eddie was "playing with him" at like 6am on Saturday morning after a night of zero sleep. Look at Cooper, not a care in the world!





Also, this boy has some crazy hair. On Saturday morning, when he finally got up at 9am his hair was all over the place. Take a look. It is hilarious. Look at those eyes!


So we were obviously very slow to get the day started, but we did go and get Cooper a new convertible car seat for the car so we don't have to carry in to school the infant carrier any more. This boy is 20lbs remember. With the additional weight of the carrier and his bag, I have to tell you that is HEAVY! So we got him a new, bigger seat that I really think he likes. We also got him a swing to hang up outside (pictures to come later). Other than that, we cleaned and hung out together. As we put him to bed Saturday we were just hoping/praying/begging that he would sleep well. No such luck. However, I didn't let Eddie get up with him, I just went in and gave him his paci (felt like I did that 100 times, I am sure it was like 3). But he was still waking up and crying. I knew something was up. Sunday we got up, went to church and had some breakfast. Cooper stayed home with Eddie while I ran some errands and those two took a nap. A nap similar to the Mother's Day nap. Please go back and look at that post with the picture. It cracks me up! I walk in this Sunday and they are in the same position. Again, when we put him to bed we just hoped and prayed he would sleep well. By this time I told Eddie if he doesn't sleep tonight we are going to the doctor tomorrow. Sure enough didn't sleep and was back in our bed. He seemed to do a little better when we elevated his head, but still not like the Cooper we know and love. I take him to the doctor's this morning, and come to find out something was wrong. He has an ear infection! Poor little man! No worries, he has some medicine and hopefully tonight will be better. Please hope for us! (An update to this post - He didn't sleep well last night either. Maybe the medicine just didn't kick in...here's to hoping for tonight.)

Well, that was our weekend, but of course I still have more to catch you up on. My nephew, J, called and requested that I put another video up. So here is a video just for you big J. It's Cooper saying hello to all of you! Please excuse the spit up at the end. I tried to capture this much chatter again, but of course he wouldn't cooperate, so you get the spit up version. I apologize! However, doesn't this remind you of that commercial where the baby is buying stock and he spits up? Regardless, overlook at the spit up and listen to those great sounds (babababa and dadadada). What a great baby boy.

I will give you another update later on today. Bye bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment