Friday, May 6, 2011

It made my heart hurt...

It was one of those days. You know the ones - where you try so hard and you can't do anything right. Plus, you are late to everything. So today was my day.
I had meetings pretty much all afternoon. On top of all that Cooper's class was having a Mother's Day Tea at 3:15pm and I am running late. 20 minutes late. I literally run through downtown to get to him. I walk in (complete with sweat dripping down my face) and there he is, bawling in the corner. "I want my mommy." Then I hear the teacher say, "I promise she will be here." And that's when it started - my heart hurt. Then he sees me and just starts crying harder. He didn't know if I was coming like all the other mommies. Just awful. Grade for being a mom today - F. Failure. Who knew you could feel this terrible for being late?

Cooper - I am so sorry. I will sometimes be late. Not because I want to be late, but because it is out of my control. If I say I will be there, I will little man. I promise. I will make tons of mistakes, but I will never forget you.

On another note, its E and I's 5th anniversary. Five wonderful years. To quote my mom, "You have been married 5 years and you have a 2 year old, sounds pretty perfect to me." Oh it is. It is perfect. So here's to us celebrating The Holland Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment